Wednesday 6 November 2013

06 Nov Oudtshoorn to Capetown


 Cape Wine Country, South Africa


It was a long drive today and we have finally arrived in beautiful Capetown. To me my favorite beautiful city
in the world. It has changed quite a bit since I have been here last. More sophisticated and more glossy.
Table Mountain was - as expected - covered in clouds. But we will cross our fingers. The cable car does
not operate when the top is covered in clouds, so we will have to use the first opportunity to get up there, which means we will have to change our itinerary a bit. But it is well worth it, believe me!
I just came back from the Waterfront - there is so much to see ...
On our way to C'town  we stopped at this wine estate for lunch and it felt like being in the Provence.
Totally my taste! Food was very mediterraean and the wines they offered were fantastic.
So we had a good time there and it was hard to leave :)
Check the pics below !!! 


Prost!

I am not sure... am I really in Africa?



Wine grows everywhere ...


Cute little doggie called Cecil




2 comments:

  1. Hello Tina,
    I followed your travels and envy you.
    If it is not on your itinerary, try to go to the "Muisbosskerm" at Lamberts Bay. It is a fish restaurant that will crown your South African Holiday.
    Enjoy your last few days in the Cape and safe travels back.
    Johan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK ... this time I went all the way back to your first post from Pretoria ... we have some Jacaranda trees here in California, but NOTHING like this! Beautiful!!! I’m going to have to wait for the weekend to read through this whole blog ... but the photos are AMAZING!!! (AND SCARY?) Kit and Danny ... you are the intrepid travelers!!! Can’t wait to hear your stories! Now here you are in Capetown ... AND wine country! I’ve had a few SA wines, and they are delicious! Try something by Ken Forrester or Rust en Vrede ... some pretty great Syrahs (red) and Chenin Blancs (white)! ... and what a great photo of Table Mountain ... now that’s a piece of real estate we recognize here in CA wine country! I understand there’s some great restaurants there in Cape Town, too ... Kit - write to me and tell me what you discovered ... you can combine wine tasting AND food at Waterkloof - kind of away from Capetown but apparently worth the trip ... and view. OK - bye for now...

    - Wayne

    ReplyDelete