Saturday 9 November 2013

Victoria & Alfred Waterfront

Waterfront

Our last Day today!!!
Leisure day!

We wandered around the Victoria & Alfred WATERFRONT to do some last minute shopping. Ironically the Table Mountain presented itself at its best tody - WITHOUT a single cloud ! Urgh...
Below are some impressions about the Waterfront... What an amazing city!!!
I could not capture any of the many glossy new buildings and especially the thousands of hyper trendy condos all over the city.
What a place to live!!! Another good thing about C'town is that most of the city shuts down at Friday 2pm. Capetonians love their weekends.... Not on the Waterfront though...
Farewell dinner we had at  the famous Five Flies Restaurant downtown Capetown.I will update pictures as soon as I get them sent over by Linda, as my camera died last night due to lack of batteries :(
I will also do a little introduction about the hotels which we stayed in as soon as I am back. 
Stay tuned....

 
Table mountain - no clouds


Table Bay Hotel









we certainly dead not starve during this trip








Still not done ... today's feature is:
My room mate CarMai - Superwoman

CarMai is one of Linda's four daughters. CarMai lives in Toronto and works as a research scientist for
a Pharmaceutical Company. She is very smart and she gets up (at least during this vacation) at 6am in the morning to either go the gym or do a run. While I was still sleeping. She owns the "black belt"  (watch out!) and is good in many other sport disciplines. I really admire you, CarMai! 
CarMai has been to many countries including Tibet and she has lots of exciting stories to tell about her travels. She is always around to help the older folks with her technical expertise as she is a computer wizz. CarMai, is there anything you are not good at? I don't think so. Good job, Linda and Ping!!! Great you could come with us, CarMai !!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment